Monday, February 11

happy vday to me




In honor of Valentines Week, I feel like it's only right for me to make it easier on my valentine and make a few suggestions for gifts we will bothhh love (Okay, yeah right.)
Burke and I actually don't do gifts on Valentines Day because I find the whole day a little uncomfortable?...forced? (eh, something slightly off) with all it's hearts and bears. However, we do exchange cards and spend time with each other which I am looking forward too. Don't get me wrong, I think a day to celebrate love is wonderful and definitely needed.. I've just always been a little suspicious of cupid. 


7 comments:

  1. Amen girl! Who doesn't love flowers and gifts, but why does there have to be a holiday for that? I want flowers just because!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubs and I are the same way. We just go to lunch and exchange cards! I will take that anchor ring though! So cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gifting yourself is definitely the way to go!
    Helene in Between

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pumps are SO cute, and love the iPhone case! And I love that V Day is the perfect excuse to overindulge in chocolate treats :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those Kate Spade lip colors!

    -Haley @ A Long Distance Love
    http://a-long-distance-love.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally agree with the ummm "forced" nature that vday can bring. I'm all for cards and spending time together. And we always go for the unusual presents rather than roses and chocolate :) Now following your precious site back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just found your blog through Emily @ Newlywed Moments, and I love it! New follower :) PS - you need a Pinterest hover button so I can pin the cute stuff you post! :)

    Christina
    behindbutterflyeyes.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from y'all!