Wednesday, January 30

Wedding Bells

Two-thousand & thirteen will be a year of "I do's" in my family. My two beautiful, older sisters are getting hitched this year to two wonderful men! (I feel so lucky to actually have cool brothers-in-law.) Fun Fact: JT and Cameron asked for my father's permission the same weekend (one Friday night & the other Saturday night) without knowing! Needless to say, it was quite the weekend for my parents.


One down, One To go.. 



Gracey & JT actually got married earlier this month in our beloved childhood church. It was a beautiful January wedding!  As you can imagine, with two sisters getting married just months apart, there is an exciting wedding buzz going around. I'm finding out for the first time how much planning, stressing, and little decisions must be made before the actual wedding day arrives. A LOT! We we're so lucky to have the help we did! A few women in the church (who are actually more like second-moms than little church ladies) showed off their AMAZING skills as party planners. I think they did a beautiful job, and I'm willing to bet you'll think the same..


I think Gracey was the most beautiful bride I have ever seen. Im secretly hoping she will pass that dress down to me! 


Grace & JT had a flip-flop wedding. The night before the wedding (after the rehearsal dinner) they held their cocktail party and had a band play for their guests. Their reception was held right after the ceremony, Saturday morning. They served homemade biscuits, breakfast casseroles, and had a coffee bar! My favorite was the grits bar, doesn't get more southern than that!

I'm obsessed with this DIY chalkboard sign she used as one of her center pieces hanging on the wall during the reception.  The mirror was found cheap at a local consignment shop and then just painted over with chalk-board paint. 

These wreathes hung on the front doors of the church and then were moved down to the reception after the ceremony. Marianne and Phyllis (second moms) made these themselves using pieces from their dried out Christmas trees! I was eager to learn how they put them together. Are these not lovely? Ready to hire those fantastic wedding planners she hired? 

Love those who love you. 

Another sweet, sweet family friend was in charge of all the baking. She made 250 cupcakes and a 16 layer chocolate ganache cake! The 16-layer may have been the best thing I've ever tasted.




from my heart to yours.

Sarah




2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! I'm so envious of you with 3 beautiful sisters! It must be so much fun having two older sisters to look up to and a younger one that can look up to you! Gracye's wedding looks like it was absolutely beautiful and so much fun. Congrats to her and JT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah! So nice to meet you! First of all, your sister's wedding looks beautiful! And second, thank you for your sweet comment on my blog! I am really excited to get to know you more -- now following your blog too! Really glad you are joining in the Bigs/Littles Blogging Program. You have a great blog already and I love your posts!!

    The reason I'm commenting here instead of emailing back is because you're a "no-reply comment blogger" meaning it doesn't show your email address when you comment, so bloggers can't respond to you until you change that. To see how to change it, you can view this blog's tutorial! http://happyhourprojects.com/blog-tips-are-you-noreply-commentblogger-com/

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from y'all!